State-of-the-art of infections produced by human papillomavirus.
Papillomavirus infections Uterine cervical neoplasms Head and neck neoplasms Penile neoplasms Vaginal neoplasms Vulvar neoplasms Oropharyngeal neoplasms Papillomatosis Condylomata acuminata Papillomavirus vaccines
Main Article Content
Anogenital human papillomavirus infection is the most frequent sexually transmitted disease. Around one hundred genotypes have been identified in humans, and 40 infect the genitalia and anal regions. Fifteen genotypes, classified as high-risk HPVs, are the necessary cause of cervical cancer and have been involved as carcinogenic agents for cancer of the vulva, vagina, anus, penis, and oropharyngeal cavity. Low-risk HPVs are the causative agents of genital warts, and recurrent respiratory papillomatosis in both men and women. The number of women harboring HPV-DNA worldwide is estimated to be 300 million. The recently introduced prophylactic HPV vaccines represent a hopeful strategy to prevent HPV infection and HPV-related diseases.
Reina, J. C., Muñoz, N., & Sánchez, G. I. (2008). State-of-the-art of infections produced by human papillomavirus. Colombia Médica, 39(2), 189–197. https://doi.org/10.25100/cm.v39i2.576
Download data is not yet available.
- Luis Eduardo Bravo, Nubia Muñoz, Epidemiology of cancer in Colombia , Colombia Médica: Vol. 49 No. 1 (2018): Colombia Cancer Epidemiology
- Nubia Muñoz, COVID-19 in Latin America: a first glance to the mortality , Colombia Médica: Vol. 51 No. 2 (2020): Coronavirus disease 2019
- Nubia Muñoz, Luis Eduardo Bravo, Epidemiology of cervical cancer in Colombia , Colombia Médica: Vol. 43 No. 4 (2012): Numbers in cancer: 50-year of The Population-based Cancer Registry of Cali
- Julio Cesar Reina, Nubia Muñoz, Vaccine against human Papilloma Virus , Colombia Médica: Vol. 45 No. 3 (2014)
- Nubia Muñoz, Julio César Reina, Gloria Inés Sánchez, The human papillomavirus vaccine: A powerful tool for the primary prevention of cervical cancer. , Colombia Médica: Vol. 39 No. 2 (2008)
- Julio César Reina, Héctor J Gómez, Tratamiento de hipertensión refractaria en un niño , Colombia Médica: Vol. 7 No. 3 (1976)
- Stephen Berman, Alberto Levy, Julio César Reina, Hemocultivos en niños con sospecha de sepsis en urgencias Hospital Universitario del Valle , Colombia Médica: Vol. 9 No. 3,4 (1978)
- Julio César Reina, Nefrotoxicidad por antibióticos en niños , Colombia Médica: Vol. 22 No. 2 (1991)
The copy rights of the articles published in Colombia Médica belong to the Universidad del Valle. The contents of the articles that appear in the Journal are exclusively the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Editorial Committee of the Journal. It is allowed to reproduce the material published in Colombia Médica without prior authorization for non-commercial use