Main Article Content
Objectives: To describe and to analyze accountability to health management process with the involvement of health services consumers.
Methodology: A pilot control social experience was developed in Cali with community participation in an accountability experience. Three public accountability experiences were developed. A methodology proposal was design to achieve community participation in accountability process.
Results: 745 persons, indirectly, and 54 community leaders of Consumer Association of health local services of Cali, directly, were wrapped up. They had technical support in two out of the three accountability meetings carried out. In each stage was identified technical and methodological weakness in the accountability process.
Conclusions: Despite of an understanding of the accountability process in health was improved, the experience showed some obstacles such as: difficulties in the access of information, low community leadership in social control issue and resistance of public health workforce to see their performance in health sector as a matter to be account.
- Janeth Mosquera, Julio César Mateus, Conocimientos, actitudes y prácticas sobre métodos de planificación familiar, VIH-SIDA y el uso de los medios de comunicación en jóvenes. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 34 No. 4 (2003)
- Janeth Mosquera, Amparo Bermúdez, Percepción de riesgo de abuso sexual entre adolescentes escolarizados de la ciudad de Cali , Colombia Medica: Vol. 41 No. 1 (2010)
- Rocío Carvajal, Gustavo Alonso Cabrera, Janeth Mosquera, Percepciones de los efectos de la implementación del Sistema General de Seguridad Social en Salud sobre las acciones de control de tuberculosis en el Valle del Cauca, Colombia. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 35 No. 4 (2004)
- Rocío Carvajal, Janeth Mosquera, Gabriel Carrasquilla, The world of malaria: a health educational experience in the Colombian Pacific coast , Colombia Medica: Vol. 41 No. 3 (2010)
- Janeth Mosquera, Olga Lucía Gómez, Fabián Méndez, Uso de los resultados de las investigaciones en salud pública en una entidad territorial de salud en Colombia. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 36 No. 1 (2005)
- Luis Fernando Rendón, Mauricio Serra, Enfoque de las empresas sociales del Estado en el municipio de Cali. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 33 No. 4 (2002)
The copy rights of the articles published in Colombia Médica belong to the Universidad del Valle. The contents of the articles that appear in the Journal are exclusively the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Editorial Committee of the Journal. It is allowed to reproduce the material published in Colombia Médica without prior authorization for non-commercial use