Main Article Content
Objective: To determine the anti-secretory effect of the species Cannabis sativa.
Methodology: In this study forty five Sprague Dawley rats were used, they were submitted to a 24 hours fasting period, after which the pylorus was ligated for 2-4 hours, according to the experimental group. Thereafter, the rats were anesthetized, their stomachs extirpated and the gastric content analyzed for volume and pH.
Results: The Cannabis extract raised the gastric pH when compared to the control group (p < 0.05), with no significant differences found between the reference drug (ranitidine) and the Cannabis extract (p >0.05). There were no differences in the measured volumes.
Conclusions: These results suggest that the Cannabis sativa extract diminishes the gastric acid output.
- Jorge Hernán Ramírez, Mauricio Palacios, Oscar Gutiérrez, Estudio del efecto antihipertensivo de la Salvia scutellarioides en un modelo de ratas hipertensas. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 37 No. 1 (2006)
- David Riascos, Francisco Guzmán, Efraín Buriticá, Mauricio Palacios, Martha Isabel Escobar, Hernán Pimienta, Organotypic human neuronal culture derived from traumatic brain injury. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 39 No. 3 Supl 3 (2008): Neurociencias
- Mauricio Palacios, Hernán Pimienta, Effectiveness of ivermectin in rats with haloperidol induced tardive dyskinesia. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 39 No. 3 Supl 3 (2008): Neurociencias
- Harry Mauricio Pachajoa, Wilmar Saldarriaga, Carolina Isaza, 18p- syndrome: Presentation of two cases with alobar holoprosencenphaly , Colombia Medica: Vol. 41 No. 4 (2010)
- Carolina Vargas, Wilmar Saldarriaga, Harry Mauricio Pachajoa, Carolina Isaza, Williams-Beuren syndrome: Report of two cases with molecular diagnosis , Colombia Medica: Vol. 42 No. 4 (2011)
- Jorge Hernán Ramírez, Mauricio Palacios, Hugo Hernán Ocampo, Claudia Zuluaga, Oscar Gutiérrez, Lack of association between blood pressure, target organ damage and retinopathy in the L-NAME rat hypertension model: Are new animal models of hypertension required?. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 37 No. 4 (2006)
- Mauricio Palacios, Jorge Hernán Ramírez, Clinical trials registration and the «instead of» research phenomenon. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 38 No. 1 (2007)
- Luis Carlos López, Marcela Botero, Jaime Pino, Jorge Hernán Ramírez, Mauricio Palacios, Adverse drug reactions in internal medicine units at a university hospital: A descriptive pilot study , Colombia Medica: Vol. 41 No. 1 (2010)
- Mauricio Palacios, Las Buenas Prácticas Clínicas en Colombia. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 39 No. 4 (2008)
- Jorge Hernán Ramírez, Mauricio Palacios, Oscar Gutiérrez, Implementation of the isolated vascular tissue model as a device for the validation of medicinal plants: Study of the vasodilator activity of Salvia scutellarioides. , Colombia Medica: Vol. 38 No. 1 (2007)
The copy rights of the articles published in Colombia Médica belong to the Universidad del Valle. The contents of the articles that appear in the Journal are exclusively the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Editorial Committee of the Journal. It is allowed to reproduce the material published in Colombia Médica without prior authorization for non-commercial use